Eat more fruits!
Here are some unknown health benefits of some delicious fruits.
It’s tough to resist perfectly ripe strawberry, but this tasty sweet fruit is proved to be very healthy for you. Strawberries have a common scientific name called fragaria,
and there are different names for different varieties, like fragaria vesca for wild strawberries and fragaria orientalis for strawberries found in Siberia.
There are more than 10 species of fragaria that are different in size, texture and flavour yet they all have the same characteristics. Chemical free strawberries are used
for medicines because of there extraordinary rich flavour, taste and colour.
The best way to enjoy eating a strawberry is plucked from the bushes and eaten raw.
Strawberry can –
1. Fight cancer
2. Boost immunity
3. Regulate blood pressure
4. Reduce stress
5. Help you lose weight
6. Prevent memory decline
7. Beautiful skin
8. Maintain healthy teeth
9. Assist digestion
10. Keep bones healthy
Guava is a common tropical fruit cultivated in many tropical and subtropical regions. Psidium guajava (common guava, lemon guava) is a small tree in the myrtle family
(myrtaceae), native to Mexico, central America, the Caribbean and northern South America. Although related species may also be called guavas, they belong to other
species or genera, such as the pineapple guava, accasellowwiana. In 2016, India was the largest producer of guavas, with 41% of the world total.
1. is rich in calcium, potassium, iron, fiber, vitamin A-B-C and content folic and nicotinic acid(Vitamin-B3).
2. prevents prostate cancer and high blood pressure.
3. is a remedy for prolonged menstruation, asthma, acidosis, catarrh.
4. is a cough and cold fighter acts as a respiratory track disinfectant.
5. gives relief from constipation, improve digestion system, helps losing weight.
6. battles diabetes by lowering blood glucose levels and avoid scurvy.
7. helps thyroid gland to control hormone production and absorption.
8. improves eye sight.
9. improves texture of skin and controls premature aging.
10. prevents obesity
Soursop also known as graviola, guyabano is the fruit of annona muricata, a broadleaf, flowering, evergreen tree. The exact origin is unknown; it is native to the tropical
regions of the Americans and the Caribbean and is widely propagated. It is in the same genus, annona, as cherimoya and is the annonaceae family.
Soursop is a fruit that’s popular for it’s delicious flavor and impressive health benefits. This prickly green fruit has a creamy texture and a strong flavour that is often
compared to pineapple or strawberry. Soursop is typically eaten raw by cutting the fruit in half and scooping out the flesh. Fruits range in size and can be quite large,
donut maybe best to divide it into a few portions.
Some of the notable health benefits of soursop :
1. Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer.
2. Prevents UTI (urinary tract infection)
3. Prevents water retention.
4. Keeps bones healthy
5. Boosts good cholesterol levels
6. Helps prevent migraine/ headaches
7. Prevents leg cramps
8. Fights diabetes, bacteria, alleviates pain stemming from arthritis, joint and back problems.
A pitaya or pitahaya also mostly called as dragon fruit is the fruit of several different cactus species indigenous to the Americas. Pitaya usually refers to fruit of the
genus stenocereus, while pitahaya or dragon fruit refers to fruit of the genus hylocereus, both in the family cactaceae.
Dragon fruit, also known as pitahaya or strawberry pear, is a tropical fruit knowledge from its vibrant red skin and sweet, seed-speckled pulp.
It’s unique look and acclaimed super good powers have made it popular among foodies and the health conscious.
Dragon fruit –
1. improves immune system health
2. improves cardiovascular(heart) health
3. is antibacterial and anti-fungal
4. maintains good body metabolism
5. has vitamin content
6. prevents cancer
7. keeps the kidneys clean
8. strengthens hair.
Named in some regions as the “king of fruits”, the durian is distinctive for its large size, strong odor, and thorn-covered rind.
The durian is the fruit of several tree species belonging to the genus Durio. There are 30 recognized Durio species, at least nine of which produce edible fruit, with over
300 named varieties in Indonesia, 100 in Thailand and 100 in Malaysia.
Health benefits of durian:
1. Helps to reduce constipation, bloating and indigestion
2. Provides relief from insomnia
3. Helps to prevent cancer and anemia
4. Prevents sexual dysfunction
5. Boosts bone health and prevent osteoporosis
6. Reduces risk of infertility in men and women
7. Helps to reduce cholesterol
8. Fights free radicals
A mango is a juicy stone fruit (drupe) produced from numerous species of tropical trees belonging to the flowering plant genus Mangifera, cultivated mostly for their
Mango is the national fruit of India and Pakistan, and the national tree of Bangladesh. It is the unofficial national fruit of the Philippines.
Most of these species are found in nature as wild mangoes. The genus belongs to the cashew family Anacardiaceae. Mangoes are native to South Asia, from where the
“common mango” or “Indian mango”, Mangifera indica, has been distributed worldwide to become one of the most widely cultivated fruits in the tropics. Other
Mangifera species (e.g. horse mango, Mangifera foetida) are grown on a more localized basis.
Worldwide, there are several hundred cultivars of mango. Depending on the cultivar, mango fruit varies in size, shape, sweetness, skin color, and flesh color which may
be pale yellow, gold, or orange.
This delish fruit also contains some amazing health benefits.Some of which are –
1. Remedy for bilious disorders
2. It is an anti-stress reliever
3. Treatment of heart disease and scorpion bites
4. Formation of new blood cells
5. Controls body weight
6. Alkalizes the whole body
7. Helps maintain a clear and bright skin
8.improves memory and concentration